5 Reasons to Paint Your Home this Winter
by Nicole Balch on February 5th, 2013
Maybe it’s because we’re all spending so much time indoors lately (hello, winter in Chicagoland), but I’m feeling extra-inspired to repaint lately. New kitchen color? Bring it on. Hey, let’s paint the cabinets, too! Why not? Paint the bathroom adjacent while I’m at it? Of course!
Now, if you’re not feeling it, let me remind you of five reasons why now is a perfect time to paint.
- Baby, it’s cold outside. Literally. And even if you’re in a warmer climate (lucky you!), the days are short and I suspect you still find yourself indoors more often than you do in the summer. If you’re stuck inside anyway, use that time to improve your home
- Spread sunshine. Or make it moody. Or serene. Whatever you want your room to feel like, paint is an inexpensive way to accomplish it.
- Feeling a little less in love with your house? Fresh paint has a way of making everything feel new and fresh.
- Think of it as a workout. I don’t know about you, but I may have over-indulged over the holidays, and I could still use a little extra activity. I figure painting a room totally counts as a workout, so I’m doing something good for my home and body at the same time.
- It’s just paint. Don’t be afraid to dive in and do it!