How to Make One-of-a-Kind Thanksgiving Table Placemats
With Thanksgiving just around the corner what better way to give thanks for family and friends than with a stylish and personalized Thanksgiving table setting? Creating fun, personalized placemats is a sure-fire way to make your guests feel welcome.
If time is a concern, no need to worry. You can create your one-of-a-kind placemats in a flash once you have a design in mind. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 14″ x 18″ canvas panels from your favorite arts & craft store
- Glidden Premium tintable testers in eggshell finish (leftover paint works great too)
- Stencils of your choice
- 1 medium size brush
- 1 stencil brush
- Painter’s tape
- Fabric glue
1. Paint the canvas panels with the base color of your choice using a medium brush. For my placemats I chose French Grey, Wild Honey and Monarch Gold as my palette. I wanted to stay away from using the typical holiday hues to make my Thanksgiving table a bit more unexpected.
2. Once dry, place the stencil over the painted canvas panel and secure it using painter’s tape. Choosing a contrasting color, lightly load the stencil brush with paint and simply tap the brush against the stencil cutouts. It’s better to start with a thin coat of paint and build from there to avoid bleeding under the stencil sheet.
3. To give your placemats a more finished look, cut a piece of felt 1/8 of an inch smaller that the canvas panel and glue it to the back using fabric glue.
Honestly, the sky’s the limit. Use your imagination to create amazing place settings to make this year’s Thanksgiving table one to remember. Not only will these homemade placemats give your table a personal touch but they will make your holiday table look beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving!
This post is sponsored by Glidden® paint, a PPG brand. All thoughts, opinions and paintbrushes are my own.